Sign-up for Waste Management and Recycling News & Updates
Residents in our service area receive recycling collection service every-other week. The County provides blue recycling carts in three sizes, 30, 60, or 90 gallons. You can request a different size cart or you can receive an extra cart, which is available at no cost.
2019 Curbside Collection Services Brochure
The A to Z Materials Guide lists which types of materials are acceptable or unacceptable for your curbside recycling collection cart.
Curbside Collection Used Motor Oil/Filters and Cooking Oil Recycling:
The County collects used motor oil, used oil filters, and cooking oil on the same day as your garbage day. -January 2019
Please follow the guidelines below when placing your used motor oil, used oil filters, and cooking oil at the curb:
- Place oil in rigid or semi-rigid plastic one gallon containers with lids taped shut.
- Max is three (3) one gallon containers per collection.
- Oil filters must be drained and placed in a sealed plastic bag.
- Place used motor oil, used oil filters, and cooking oil 3 feet away from the garbage cart.
- Contaminated oil will not be collected.
- Other motor oil recycling options are available in the Sacramento area.
Removing recyclables from a curbside cart is considered scavenging and is a crime pursuant to Section 6.20.160 of the Sacramento County Code. To report scavenging, call the Sacramento County Information hotline at 916-875-5656 or TDD 916-875-7105.
You can reach Customer Service by calling 916-875-5555, complete a Customer Service Online Form, or send an email to Customer Service Email. They can help you with cart delivery, replacement, repairs, exchanges, missed service, billing inquiries, etc.